Pieve San Quirico castle features a beautiful, large 18th century Parish Church still consecrated and devoted to Saint Joseph.
It seats 70 and is a good choice for:
– Art Exibitions.
Mass and blessings are available on request as well as any kind of modern equipment for meetings: wide screens, PA system and speakers, horse-shoe shaped table or school desks, etc.
In the 18th century the ancient small medieval church, that was inside the perimeter of the castle, was destroyed and a new large Parish Church was built on the north side of the castle, east-west oriented. The church is defined by the high vaulted ceiling, the baptismal font and the frescoed woody landing where was a pipe organ. It can seat 70 and could be a good choice for celebrations, meetings, concerts and art exibitions.
At the end of the 19th century, Pieve San Quirico Castle was the summer residence of Pope Leo XIII (born Vincenzo Gioacchino Raffaele Luigi Pecci). He is well known for his intellectualism, the development of social teachings with his famous papal encyclical Rerum Novarum and his attempts to define the position of the Catholic Church with regard to modern thinking.
Pope Leo XIII had been Archbishop of Perugia from 1846 t0 1877, so he knew well this place and this is why the church bears his colors, the gold and the blue.VIEW PHOTOGALLERY